Benchmark Assessment Program
East Baton Rouge Parish School System utilizes an assessment program for all students who access the general curriculum. Kindergarten and grade 1 take English/Language Arts and Mathematic Assessments. Students in grades 2-8 are tested in the four core subjects: English/Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, and Social Studies. High School students are assessed in English (I, II, and III), Algebra I, Geometry, Biology, and U.S. History. The assessment program consists of three types of tests:
- A comprehensive pretest in August and posttest in May determines student growth on the standards taught during the school year.
- District assessments administered throughout the year measure student mastery of state standards. These assessments mirror the style and content of the state assessments the students take in the spring.
- Formative assessments created by classroom teachers or school-level instructional specialists monitor student progress between district assessments.
Test content is aligned to the standards adopted by the Louisiana Department of Education and taught in the East Baton Rouge Parish curriculum. The tests are developed by East Baton Rouge faculty and staff and supplemented with commercial products as well as items developed from Louisiana released test items. Each grade period test has both multiple choice and open-ended items. Teachers are provided scoring rubrics for short answer items, constructed responses, tasks, and essays.
Assessments are delivered either paper and pencil with scorable answer sheets or online using the Educational Assessment Data Management System (EADMS) from Adrylan Communications (www.eadms.com). Reports at various levels: student, teacher/classroom, school, and district aid the teachers and administrators in making decisions regarding classroom instruction and in giving students timely, detailed feedback. This data is used to write and evaluate goals for the East Baton Rouge School System Strategic Accountability Plan and the School Improvement Plan.
Grade Value for Benchmark Assessments
- Grades K-8
- Alg II, Geometry, Adv. Math
- Alg I, Math Essentials
- High School ELA
- High School Science
- High School Social Studies
- Grade Value Calculator
- Elementary School Proficiency Report 2013-2014
- Middle School Proficiency Report 2013-2014
- High School Proficiency Report 2013-2014
- Elementary School Pretest to Midterm Report 2015-2016
- Middle School Pretest to Midterm Report 2015-2016
- High School Pretest to Midterm Report 2015-2016
- Guide to Online Testing
- LSO4 Scanning Studio
- Reports 101
- Testing Part 3 – Scheduling and Printing
- Custom Class Manager
- Generating a Test Comparison
- How to Access Assessment Information on the Accountability Web Page
- Why Would I Use This Report?
- Easy EADMS Reports