What exactly is a Paraprofessional?
Paraprofessionals are K-12 school employees who provide one-on-one tutoring for students, assist with classroom management (e.g., organizing instructional or other materials), provide instructional assistance in a computer laboratory, conduct parental involvement activities, provide support in a library or media center, act as a translator, or provide instructional support services under the direct supervision of a teacher.
Federal legislation requires paraprofessionals that are serving in an instructional capacity to meet the definition of Highly Qualified.
The East Baton Rouge Parish School System is proud to be a participating test center for the ParaPro Assessment, a nationally required proficiency examination for Paraprofessionals.
Participants must contact the Office of Support Programs (225-922-5609 or 225-922-5672) to attain registration availability.
After receiving availability status:
A non-refundable $55.00 money order must be mailed or delivered to the Office of Human Resources:
1050 S. Foster Drive, Baton Rouge, LA 70806
The money order is made payable to- East Baton Rouge Parish School System.
If mailing in the payment, please include your name, requested test date, and contact information.
Applying to become a Paraprofessional
- Click HERE to begin or revisit your application for EBRPSS.
- You will need the following information to complete the application:
- Colleges & Universities attended, graduation date, degree earned and major
- To/From dates of paraprofessional and non-paraprofessional experience, name of organization, supervisor’s name, address & phone number.
- Two professional references including name, title, organization, work phone, home phone and address if available
- Once you have submitted the application you will receive the message “Your application has been successfully submitted to East Baton Rouge Parish School System.”
- Once you have completed the online application, please contact Eliza Jacques @225-922-5658 to submit the following documentation:
- College Tanscripts
- Praxis Paraprofessional Scores
- A copy of your degree
- Upon receipt of the required documents and verification of your highly qualified status, you will be considered for a paraprofessional position for the current or upcoming semester.
Thank you for your interest in the
East Baton Rouge Parish School System.
The East Baton Rouge Parish School System and all of its entities (including Career and Technical Education Programs) does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, national origin, disability or gender in its educational programs and activities (including employment and application for employment), and it is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of gender by title IX (20 USC 168) and on the basis of disability by Section 504 (42 USC 794). The Title IX Coordinator is Andrew Davis (Adavis6@ebr-old.clw0c62z-liquidwebsites.com), Director of Risk Management- phone (225)929-8705; and the Director of Exceptional Student Services is Elizabeth Taylor Chapman (Etaylor@ebr-old.clw0c62z-liquidwebsites.com) – phone (225)929-8600.